Are you going jewelry shopping? Looking for the perfect engagement ring with which to surprise your spouse-to-be? I know: the very thought can be nerve-wracking. Jewelry, after all, counts as a huge investment. You have to think thoroughly and choose wisely before making any decision about your purchase. To guide you, you will find below several tips and online coupons to make your jewelry shopping easier and more affordable.
1) First of all, you need to know what kind of jewelry you are buying. For whom is it? Whats the occasion? Are you looking for diamond, gold, silver, bridal, fashion, or costume jewelry? You dont want to miss the mark when it comes to giving jewelry as a gift. It is thus important to educate yourself about gold, diamonds, and gemstones, about who your audience is, what size he or she wears, and whether or not you should get carried away by the stores online coupons. (Its easy to be dazzled by discounts, but be smart and take your time in studying what you really want to buy.) Knowledge is power, and especially so when it comes to jewelry shopping.
2) Look for the four Cs when buying diamonds. These stand for: cut, color, clarity, and carat. The cut determines how well the diamond reflects light, and if its done skillfully enough, youll see that this is what unleashes the brilliance of any diamond. Color, meanwhile, is very hard to distinguish; ask the seller about the color grade of the diamond and understand that the deeper into the alphabet a color grade goes (it starts with D), the poorer the diamond is. Clarity refers to the flawlessness of the diamond: does it come with imperfections such as bubbles, spots, and lines? Lastly, carat is the unit by which a diamonds weight is measured and is the most obvious determinant of a diamonds value.
3) If you are looking for gold, meanwhile, know that a carat marking is the imprint on pieces to indicate how they were composed. Pure gold is 24k but most pieces are made from either 18k, 14k, or 10k gold. When mixed with other metals and alloys, the gold becomes stronger and more durable all while creating other stunning shades of gold, to which you should also be open.
3) Always ask about the purchase policy. Whether youre shopping at an online store or visiting the jeweler downtown, always ask about this information. There is never any guarantee that youll score a touchdown with your jewelry gift, so at least get one in the area of exchanges, returns, or refunds. And get it in writing save yourself from potential post-purchase panic and allow yourself a greater chance of having recourse.
4) Know your budget. If its too expensive and impractical for your wallet, then it probably is. You dont want the recipient to be afraid of wearing your gift. Moreover, always be on the lookout for jewelry online coupons. Not all that glitters carries a heavy price tag.