Choosing to go green doesn't mean spending a lot. In fact, a lot of stores that sell eco-friendly products, such as ChangeforGreen.com, are finding ways to make their products more affordable to the general public.
One such way is the use of ChangeforGreen coupon codes, which allow a customer a certain amount off on selected items. This makes green products more attractive to a larger number of potential consumers and encourages them to make a change that will contribute to the overall healthy of the planet.
Here are a few ways inexpensive ways to incorporate cleaner, greener living into your household:
· Go around your house and discover if there are any ways that the space is wasting energy, such as improper insulation in rooms or windows. There let heat escape in the winter, making your heater use more energy to keep your home at an optimum temperature.
You can temporarily remedy this by purchasing inexpensive insulating draft guards where the heat escapes. Make sure that you use ChangeforGreen promotional codes to save on the cost of these ingenious gadgets that will save you loads off your heating bill.
· Purchase energy-efficient electronics. Most modern appliances come with an energy efficiency ratio rating which you can use to make an informed decision on how much energy it will consume, and how effectively it can turn that energy into a benefit for the household, such as cooling the air for air conditioners or keeping your food frozen for refrigerators. As a general rule of thumb, the higher the rating, the better.
· Make use of natural light as often as possible, and if you're remodeling your house, position your windows to catch the most light and let in the most heat possible during the cooler days. Remember to allow your windows to regulate air flow throughout your home, which naturally cools it throughout the warmer seasons.
· When making use of artificial light, choose either compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs), Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) or solar-powered lights. Each of these is more eco-friendly than standard fluorescent and incandescent bulbs, lasting longer and using much less electricity. While a little more expensive than their counterparts, they tend to lower your electricity bill significantly, saving you more money in the long run. For added savings, make use of Changeforgreen coupons when making your lighting purchases.
· Replace your showerheads with more efficient, low-flow showerheads. Choose showerheads that use 1.75 gallons per minute (gpm). The lower the gpm, the less water it uses while you're showering. But don't worry about the water pressure - most low-flow showerheads come with a pressure compensator to mimic the water stream that we're used to having with the more wasteful showerheads.
There is a very real need for every person in every household to be aware of their contribution to the destruction of the environment and global warming. By taking the first steps towards a greener home, we do our part in preserving our planet for generations to come.
Subscribe to Coupon Saver Blog